Staff Accountant (429)
Maxsys Financial Solutions is looking for a full-time Staff Accountant in Plano who will be working with a dynamic Accounting team on multi-entity accounting projects on a global portfolio level. You will be preparing financial statements for business units and ensuring that all financial records are maintained in compliance with company’s policies & procedures. This role may have the opportunity to assist in future automation & implementations of accounting systems within the hospitality industry space as they continue to acquire other companies. Looking for a mid-level Staff Accountant with a background in accounting principles (includes financials, bank reconciliations and management reporting requirements). Our privately held client is well known for their products/services and has been recognized over and over again for their dynamic portfolio. Passion in his/her work is just as important as one’s technical skills for this client!
- Multi-entity/property Accounting, journal entries, G/L, Financials, Bank Reconciliations, Balance Requisitions, advanced Excel skills
- Analyze and reconcile accounting discrepancies; ensure accurate and timely monthly and annual G/L close
- Work closely with others in providing financial information for new projects and objectives
- Analyze financial statements on a monthly basis as well as report on any variances
- Compile & analyze financial information to prepare monthly & annual financial statements for multiple locations
- Coordinate and complete monthly accounting close procedures; assist in the preparation of financial statements and related supporting schedules
- Prepare financial management reports; make sure all financial reporting deadlines are met on time
- Prepare monthly sales and occupancy tax working documents
- Responsible for month end journal entries and profit & loss corrections
- Analyze & reconcile balance sheet activity (includes FF&E, depreciation, loans, escrow & equity accounts)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Prior experience working in the property investment/financial services or hospitality industry is preferred
- 3+ years’ experience within the public accounting/finance space
- Must have advanced Excel skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Financial systems knowledge is preferred
No 3rd party vendors or agencies at this time. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
You may apply for this position online or by sending an email to Victor@maxsysfinancial.com. Maxsys Financial Solutions is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers.
|Job Category||Staff Accountant|